Saturday 9 July 2011

Pretty Duck Egg Shelves, finished with Laura Ashley "Lilac Floral Wallpaper"


 Just managed to get the shelves finished and photographed before packing up my paint brushes for 10 days, whilst we are in France. 
Someone had handmade these shelves, although they were well put together they had the worst stain job ever!  I sanded them down to take off the rough bits and filled some of the joints with wood filler, then painted them with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Duck Egg Blue. I very lightly distressed and gave it a good wax with clear wax only.
I then added a board at the back which I had covered with Laura Ashley, Lilac Floral Wallpaper in Duck Egg, which I think looks very fresh and pretty and it's a little bit different than straight forward painted shelves. I stuck some wooden embellishments on the top as well to give it a little bit more detail.

Here's the before (naff photo - sorry)
I am pleased with them, I do have some more shelves, which I will share at some point in the future.  We are off to France tomorrow and I will be on the lookout for some lovely vintage French things to share with you.
Bye for now
CJ

1 comment:

  1. Turned out beautifully! I love the AS Duck Egg ... it's perfect for your shelves! Love the wallpaper, too ... adds such a custom touch. Becca (a new follower by way of MMS). Come see me sometime!

    www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete