Sunday 12 February 2012

French Inspired Bureau



I'm so excited to share this beautiful bureau/desk when I first saw it at Kempton Park Antiques market I instantly fell in love with it and knew what I wanted to do with it and how it would look.  I have had my eye on this particular graphic at the Graphics Fairy for ages and was just waiting for the perfect piece to complement it. I think it's my favourite project to date.

This is what it looked like before:
It took a while to choose which colour I was going to paint it, but I knew I would need to add a different colour to the beautiful detailed bits, so I ended up with ANCP Paris Grey and Old White I decided not to distress it purposely and just left any little bits of the brown wood that showed through after waxing.  Laura added the Old French Envelope graphic, she enjoyed the challenge of something a little different, I love how she has made the old postmark looked faded - and she captured the lovely handwriting effect beautifully.

 
 
We are busy working on our next peice - can't wait to share it very soon.
Bye for now.
CJ

23 comments:

  1. That bureau is simply gorgeous! Can I ask a question? How do you use the Graphics Fairy's graphics? Do you copy the design by hand!? Hope you don't mind me asking. Thanks, B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi B - Here's the link to the tutorial on the Graphics fairy Website: http://www.graphicsfairy-diy.com/2011/11/how-to-transfer-typography-onto.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just made a beautiful piece look stunning! That is one of my all time favorite graphics and even used it myself on a small piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out beautifully! Thanks for the inspiration! I've done a couple of Graphics Fairy pieces too, but want to try the envelope graphic. cyndi
    http://bluestarantiques.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful! i love the colors and design and OH the shape of it! what a find!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovley Job :)
    and do not miss...

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    It´s fun :)
    WELCOME
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how pretty! Love the color combination and the graphic design! Thanks so much for joining the party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful piece, turned gorgeous! Lovely job, the graphic is an excellent final touch!

    Thanks for linking up to my weekly Chalk Paint Party
    www.ShadesofAmberInc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's perfection - love that french letter graphic! Can't wait to see what else you have in store! GFC & Linky follower.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly, there is lots in store! I love your soda syphons! I will enjoy following you. CJ

      Delete
  10. What a gorgeous piece! You did a lovely job with the Graphic! I love ASCP! I am your newest follower. Hope you can visit me sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful desk! I love the lines and color choices. I'm a new follower and hope you'll come join my new party tomorrow: Frugal Treasures Tuesday!
    Barbe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! And the graphics make the pieces so unique. Would love to see the method you use to add them. Analisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous piece this is. it turned out so lovely! As I scrolled through some of your posts I just wanted to say that I love all your graphics on pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this looks great I love all of the dimension that you gave this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! Love the two-tone look! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! Please do come by to link up! You do beautiful work :o)
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely beautiful! I have used these two ASCP colors together before and just love the combination! I have pinned your lovely piece to my "Paint it Annie" inspiration board and look forward to following you! Thank you for sharing!
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhh.... I've been snooping around your blog. A woman after my own heart with your furniture graphics! I have a chocolate table on my to do list as well. I'll be back to see what you are up too often!

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete