Sunday 19 November 2017

Armoire Make Over, with an IOD Transfer

I have been eager to use one of the IOD Transfers I purchased about 6 months ago and have been looking for the perfect piece of furniture, I finally found this cute armoire in one of my local charity shops.  When I first saw it I was in a rush but managed to get back to the shop a couple of days later - hoping it would still be there, I was delighted, not only was it still there, but it had been reduced by £15! 
I scrubbed it thoroughly with a scourer and sugar soap, once it was dry I lightly scuffed the shiny surface with medium grit sand paper.  I decided on Fusion Mineral Paint - Cathedral Taupe, a lovely neutral beigey taupe colour.  I used a wax block around the edges and then gave it two coats of paint which covered the dark wood perfectly. Once the 2nd coat was dry I used a fine sanding sponge to rub back the paint on the edges, where I had used the wax block the paint easily rubbed away to reveal the wood underneath giving a nice distressed appearance. 
I waited a couple of days before adding my IOD Transfer.  I made sure I measured and marked the centre as I didn't want it to look lopsided.  It only took about 15 minutes to gently rub over the whole transfer with the little wooden spatula supplied with the transfer.   I was pleased how easy it was, being the first time I have ever used any kind of 'rub-on' transfer.
 Once it was in place I gently rubbed in some Fusion Beeswax and Hemp Oil Wax to seal my transfer.
 I am delighted with the result and can't wait to find some more projects to try some different designs.
This little Armoire will make a perfect addition to so many rooms, with 2 shelves inside there is plenty of storage and the door locks beautifully with the original key. 

CJ

3 comments:

  1. Woodworking guide offers anyone of any skill level the ability to build amazing projects. The guide is extra helpful because it offers more detailed explanations, videos and blueprints then your typical woodworker magazine.
    Download over 16,000 WOODWORKING Plans at here
    http://woodworkingplanspro.weebly.com

    Arbor Projects ,
    Adirondack Chairs ,
    Artwork Display ,
    Bathroom Unit ,
    Box Designs ,
    Billiard/Pool Table ,
    Barn Plans ,
    Bed Plans ,
    Bedside Cabinets ,
    Bee Hive Plans ,
    Bench Projects ,
    Bird Feeders ,
    Birdhouse Plans ,
    Boat Plans ,
    Book Case Plans ,
    Baby Changing Table ,
    Coat Rack ,
    Cabin Plans ,
    Cabinet Plans ,
    Carport Plans ,
    Cart Plans ,
    Cat House Plans ,
    CD/DVD Holder ,
    Cellar Projects ,
    Chair Plans ,
    Chest Designs ,
    Chicken Houses
    Childrens Room Plans ,
    Clock Plans ,
    Coasters ,
    Coffee Table Designs ,
    Cold Frame Plans ,
    Compost Bin ,
    Computer Desk ,
    Containers ,
    Cradle Projects ,
    Small Crafts ,
    Cutting Board ,
    Deck Plans ..
    Hope it will help you next time !

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes your blog is much informative but i need information about Salajeet benefits for sexual health.

    ReplyDelete