Friday 20 October 2017

Chest of Drawers with a Difference

 I fell in love with this unit, I just loved all the little extra touches - the shelf underneath and the cute little shelf on the top.  With all these details it could have so many uses.  I staged it for a bathroom, but you could actually use it in so many places in your home - in fact I think it would fit perfectly in ANY room!
 It started out a rather ugly orangey stain, although it had been pre-finished so I didn't think I would run into problems with the stain bleeding through. 
I decided to paint her with Fusion Mineral Paint in the colour Inglenook, which is a lovely soft blue/grey with a hint of green. I literally just gave it 2 coats for a perfect finish. 
I did change the drawers pulls, as I wanted to bring it up-to-date so I added some antique brass cup handles.
This 'little cutie' is now for sale at Lovingly Made, near Felbridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment