Monday 1 May 2017

Fusion Mineral Paint Chiffonier


After about 2 years collecting dust in the garage I finally got around to painting this chiffonier,  I don't know why it took me so long to get cracking with it as it is an absolutely lovely piece of furniture, the detail is very appealing with the lovely barley twist side bars and the stunning ornate carving on the top.
 


 
Once I got it into my workshop, cleaned it up and prepped it, I knew straight away I wanted to use a very dark grey/charcoal colour.  Having previously used Fusion Mineral Paint "Coal Black" I thought I would try "Ash" - this is more charcoal and not absolutely pitch black, to offset the dark exterior I painted the inside with Cathedral Taupe, which was a great combination.

The secret drawer had a lovely wooden edge with a really gorgeous patina so I chose not to paint it, which worked really well.




Amazingly this piece sold within 20 mins! - Definitely one of my favourite projects to date.
 Think I'll go and check out what else is in the garage!
CJ
https://www.bloglovin.com/@olivemaud




 

1 comment:

  1. Woodworking guide offers anyone of any skill level the ability to build amazing projects. The guide is extra helpful because it offers more detailed explanations, videos and blueprints then your typical woodworker magazine.
    Download 16,000 Woodworking Plans & Projects
    http://woodworkingplanspro.weebly.com

    Arbor Projects ,
    Adirondack Chairs ,
    Artwork Display ,
    Bathroom Unit ,
    Box Designs ,
    Billiard/Pool Table ,
    Barn Plans ,
    Bed Plans ,
    Bedside Cabinets ,
    Bee Hive Plans ,
    Bench Projects ,
    Bird Feeders ,
    Birdhouse Plans ,
    Boat Plans ,
    Book Case Plans ,
    Baby Changing Table ,
    Coat Rack ,
    Cabin Plans ,
    Cabinet Plans ,
    Carport Plans ,
    Cart Plans ,
    Cat House Plans ,
    CD/DVD Holder ,
    Cellar Projects ,
    Chair Plans ,
    Chest Designs ,
    Chicken Houses
    Childrens Room Plans ,
    Clock Plans ,
    Coasters ,
    Coffee Table Designs ,
    Cold Frame Plans ,
    Compost Bin ,
    Computer Desk ,
    Containers ,
    Cradle Projects ,
    Small Crafts ,
    Cutting Board ,
    Deck Plans ..

    ReplyDelete